THINGS TO COME
1. Jesus has promised to return to earth in power and glory. Prior to Jesus' return, the Antichrist will appear (2 Thessalonians 2:1-10). He will set himself up against Jesus, proclaim himself God, do all kinds of miracles, and many believers will suffer for their faith. The return of Jesus will bring the rule of the Antichrist to an end. At the end of this age, Jesus will return to earth in power and glory (Matthew 24: 29-30, Acts 1:10-11, 1 Thessalonians 4:16).
2. When Jesus returns, those who died as believers in Him will be resurrected. Those believers who are living at that time will have their bodies changed into resurrection bodies (1 Corinthians 15:12-58).
Resurrection Of The Dead
3. The Bible tells us that the dead will be resurrected (John 8:28-29). After this has taken place, all mankind will be judged.
The Judgement Of God
4. Both believers and unbelievers will be judged according to what they have said and done, as recorded in books written in heaven (Matthew 12:36 and Revelation 20:11-15). Those whose names are not written in the Book of Life will be thrown into the lake of fire. There will be no second chance for anyone to accept Christ's salvation after they die. Jesus will be God's appointed Judge (Acts 17:31). Jesus himself illustrates how this will happen in Matthew 25:31-46.
5. There is a difference between the judgement of believers and unbelievers. Although all mankind will be judged, only unbelievers will be subject to God's wrath and fury (Romans 2:5-7). They will go to a place of punishment and eternal separation from God's loving presence.
6. In the case of believers their work will be tested by fire, although believers themselves will be saved (1 Corinthians 3:15). The loss suffered by the believer will be loss of reward, not loss of salvation.
7. Satan and his angels will also be judged (Matthew 25:41).
This page © Brian Johnson
Permission is granted to copy and distribute this page for non-commercial purposes.