WHO YOU ARE IN JESUS CHRIST
SET FREE IN JESUS
Now I'm free, this is what I choose to act upon:
1. I recognise that there is only one true and living God (Exodus 20: 2 and 3), who exists as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and that He is worthy of all honour, praise and worship as Creator, Sustainer and Beginning and End of all things. (Revelation 4:11; 5:9 and 10; Isaiah 43: 1, 7, 21).
2. I recognise Jesus Christ as the Messiah, the Word who became flesh and dwelt among us (John 1:1, 14). I believe that He came to destroy the works of Satan (1 John3: 8), that He disarmed the rulers and authorities and made a public display of them, having triumphed over them (Colossians 2:15).
3. I believe that God has proved His love for me, because when I was still a sinner Christ died for me (Romans 5:8). I believe that he delivered me from the domain of darkness and transferred me to His Kingdom, and in Him I have redemption, the forgiveness of sins (Colossians 1:13,14). I believe that I am now a child of God (1 John3: 1-3) and that I am seated with Christ in the heavenlies (Ephesians 2:6). I believe that I was saved by the grace of God through faith, that it was a gift and not the result of any works on my part. (Ephesians 2:8).
4. I choose to be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might (Ephesians 6:10). I put no confidence in the flesh (Philippians 3:3), for the weapons of my warfare are not of the flesh (2 Corinthians 10:4). I put on the whole armour of God (Ephesians 6:10-17), and I resolve to stand firm in my faith and resist the evil one.
****5. I believe that Jesus has all authority in heaven and on earth (Matthew 28:18) and that He is the head over all rule and authority (Colossians 2:10). I announce to Satan that Jesus Christ is my Lord (1 Corinthians 12:3) and I reject any counterfeit gifts or works of Satan in my life. I believe that Satan and his demons are subject to me in Christ because I am a member of Christ's body (Ephesians 1:19-23).
****6. I therefore obey the command to resist the devil (James 4:7) and I command him and all his demons, in the name of Christ, to leave my presence. I here and now reject and disown all the sins of my ancestors. I also cancel out all demonic working that has been passed on to me from my ancestors. I reject and turn from all and every involvement that I personally have had in the works of Satan and his domain of darkness. I cancel all ground that evil spirits have gained through my wilful involvement in sin. Instead, I rely on Jesus Christ alone.
7. I believe that apart from Christ I can do nothing (John 15:5), so I declare my dependence on Him. I choose to abide in Christ in order to bear much fruit and to glorify the Lord (John 15:8). I believe that the truth will set me free (John 8:32) and that walking in the light is the only path of fellowship (1 John1: 7). Therefore, I stand against Satan's deception by taking every thought captive in obedience to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). I declare that the Bible is the only authoritative standard (2 Timothy 3: 15-17). I choose to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15).,/p>
8. I choose to present my body as an instrument of righteousness, a living and holy sacrifice, and I renew my mind by the living Word of God in order that I may prove that the will of God is good, acceptable, and perfect (Romans 6:13; 12:1-2). I ask my heavenly Father to lead me into all truth (John 16:13), and to empower my life so that I may live above sin and not carry out the desires of the flesh (Galatians 5:16). I crucify the flesh (Galatians 5:24) and choose to walk by the Spirit. I renounce all selfish goals and choose the ultimate goal of love (1 Timothy 1:5). I choose to obey the greatest commandment, to love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul and mind, and to love my neighbour as myself (Matthew 22:37-39).
**** Note on paragraphs 5 and 6 above. If you are suffering from oppression due to past involvement in any aspect of the occult, print out this page and meet up with a strong Christian believer. If you want to be set free, read paragraphs 5 and 6 aloud. When you do this, Jesus will set you free. After this, be sensitive to anything Jesus may point out to you.
This page © Brian Johnson
Permission is granted to copy and distribute this page for non-commercial purposes.